Our final assignement came in three steps.
The first was to take twenty or more photos of the DOVA building.
The second step was to take eight of those, four of which we felt emphasized three dimensional elements of the building, while the other four emphasized two dimensional elements. We were to configure a set text with those images. This is what I produced.
Two Dimensional
Three Dimensional
For the final step of the assignment, I needed to take one of the pictures and make it into a larger poster. The poster was to keep the same elements, but something about me and my experience in the Department of Visual Arts was supposed to be integrated into it. This is what I put together.
To signify that it was me, I chose to make it somewhat resemble previous work I had done, a semester earlier. I gave it something of a futuristic digital look (akin to the Typogrobots poster I put together in Typography and Publication Design). I wanted it to look as though this were a wireframe diagram of the DOVA building, with parts of the building actually becoming real. This was to represent the learning and growth I've experienced. DOVA has been creating my own structure, or foundation, in Design, by teaching me the principles of Design.









No comments:
Post a Comment